The community’s voice determine the winning brands
- 40 mum & baby products and services are announced as the winners of the inaugural theAsianparent Awards 2021 in Singapore
- 300 brands entered 22 categories under 6 major segments: Milk, Feeding, Mum & Baby Care, Baby Gear, Family Services, and Innovative Product of the Year
- Each category has two distinct awards: the Parents’ Choice Award, as determined by over 8,000 votes from parents in Singapore, and the VIPs’ Choice Award, as chosen by an esteemed panel of 10 judges who are industry experts and influencers in the mother & child space
Singapore, 20 September 2021—theAsianparent, the largest content and community platform for parents with over 35 million users across 13 markets, releases a list of the 40 mum & baby products and services that are resonating with today’s parents in Singapore, through the inaugural theAsianparent Awards (2021).
“This is possibly the only award event in Southeast Asia where the winners are entirely decided by the community. During this process, we have kept the highest integrity and editorial standards. We take pride in ensuring that this is the most objective award given to the best brands that create the most outstanding products for parents,” shares theAsianparent Group CEO and Founder, Roshni Mahtani-Cheung.
The results show parents’ shopping savvy, conducting extensive research before making their purchase decision. Price, quality, social media reviews by fellow mums and dads, authenticity, and brand values that align with their own, are a handful of factors involved in their buying process.
The 2021 Digital Mum Survey found that not only do Singaporean mums shop online more often and use more shopping apps compared to mums in Indonesia, the Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam; they are also turning to product reviews (84%) and feedback on social media (66%) more than what their friends and family would say or recommend (39%). With the report also mentioning that 38-44% of mum respondents in Singapore increased their online purchases across subsegments in the baby products category due to the pandemic, knowing the favoured brands and products of the online parent community becomes all the more relevant.
theAsianparent Awards 2021 showcases 22 categories under 6 major segments, each presenting the Parents’ Choice Award and the VIPs’ Choice Award. The Parents’ Choice Award is based on over 8,000 votes submitted by parents in Singapore through theAsianparent’s voting platform over a span of 8 weeks.
The VIPs’ Choice Award is based on the votes of a panel of VIP judges from theAsianparent’s circle of influential and celebrity parents. The ten esteemed panelists are: Dr. Petrina Wong, Consultant Paediatrician; Dr. Tan Eng Loy, Senior Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist; Dr. Geraldine Tan, Clinical Psychologist; Dipna Lim Prasad, Singapore’s National Sprinter; Alia Demelda Sharma, entertainer-turned-entrepreneur; Jamielene Fernandez, Certified Doula; Dawn Sim, Health & Beauty Enthusiast; Neetu, lawyer-turned-supermum; Michelle Hon, Celebrity Mom-blogger; and Milton Goh, Celebrity Dad blogger.
theAsianparent Awards 2021 winners across these categories have been revealed on Awards.theAsianparent.com.
- Milk Segment: Best Fresh Milk, Best Growing Up Formula, Best Maternal Milk
- Feeding Segment: Best Baby Food, Best Steriliser, Best Baby Bottle, Best Breast Pump
- Mum & Baby Care Segment: Best Moisturiser, Best Shampoo & Body Wash, Best Sensitive Skincare, Best Nipple Cream, Best Stretch Mark Cream
- Baby Gear Segment: Best Pull-up Diaper, Best Tape Diaper, Best Baby Carrier, Best Car Seat, Best Stroller, Baby Monitor
- Family Services Segment: Best Maternity Hospital, Best Maternity Insurance, Best Preschool
- Innovation: Innovative Product of the Year
“This event has become the perfect platform for mother-and-child brands out there to know where they stand when it comes to consumers’ trust and preference. This is the time for brands to display theAsianparent Awards emblem on their products, marketing collaterals and social media to share with their consumers and the parenting community they are in fact the products of choice,” says Diora Henson, General Manager of theAsianparent Singapore. “We also see this award event as our way of giving back to the community. By sharing the voices and consensus of our parent community, we can help more parents-to-be and parents in Singapore to select the best products for themselves and their children, paving the way for a more informative and enjoyable parenting journey together.”
According to Fiza Malhotra, Chief Brand Officer at theAsianparent, “Through theAsianparent Awards, we aim to build Asia’s largest brand recognition platform connecting our community of over 35 million mothers with the leading brands in the Mother & Baby industry. The awards kicked off this year in Singapore and Thailand and we anticipate rolling this out next year in key markets where you see theAsianparent’s well-established presence including Indonesia, the Philippines, Malaysia, and Vietnam.”